Breeding is a game element and is pivotal within the MetaDerby ecosystem. Just like the real world, you can breed two (2) racehorses together and produce a new offspring.
In MetaDerby, you can participate in breeding your racehorse(s) and produce a new offspring. To do this, a few things are required:
- you own at least one male (colt or stallion) or one female (filly or mare) racehorse
- you have sufficient HOOF in your MetaDerby Wallet.
Similar to MetaDerby’s other game elements such as racing, breeding requires skill and strategy to maximise your:
- racehorse as a legacy and champion
- own legacy as a championship stable owner (renowned for breeding champion racehorses)
- potential racehorse and stable token rewards.
- Please note that breeds also require a gas fee which is variable based on usage of the blockchain network.
- Each male race horse can be bred a maximum of 7 times.
- There will be a 7 days cool down period for the new breed in order to start horse racing.